I knew this was going to be a rough game; there’s too much bad blood after last year. But late hits (that could’ve been targeting, but I digress) and almost fights on the field? Dang. But it’s a fun, stressful game to watch. So let’s recap the first half.
Stat of the half: WR Bradley Marquez now has at least one reception in 24 of 25 career games. That’s a pretty stat for a receiver on a team that has a stacked receiving corps.
Best player of the half: The defense came to play…every single player on that side of the ball. Marquez has racked up the yards. But Williams’ 41 yard reception was beautiful, so Williams gets this award.
Adjustments Texas Tech needs to make in the second half:
- Falemi needs to watch what he’s doing. Two pass interference calls in the first half? Shouldn’t happen.
- RED ZONE FUMBLES ARE NEVER ACCEPTABLE. One. Yard. Away.
- Sims has to be stopped. No ifs, ands, or buts. Sims needs stopped.
- Looks like Smith needs to be stopped, too.
- This should be a no brainer, and yet I still find myself typing it: hold on to the ball.
There was a big momentum change at the end of the half, so let’s hope the halftime break cools the ‘eers off. This is way too close for my liking.