No. 10 Texas Tech puts their perfect 7-0 record on the line again, this time in Norman, Okla. The No. 15 Sooners hope to keep their conference title hopes alive by knocking off the Red Raiders during homecoming weekend.
Here’s our Bold Predictions for tomorrow’s game:
Robert: This will go down as one of the most exciting games in Texas Tech football history.
- Tech struggles to score touchdowns on their own side of the field, but fortunately they have a kicker who can finish drives with points. Ryan Bustin is two kicks away from breaking his own record for field-goals made in a season and I think he easily breaks that mark tomorrow.
- Kingsbury and Webb will have to put together a game winning drive to get number eight. Late in fourth quarter, down by two, Kliff has no choice but to ride his freshman quarterback all the way down the field for a score.
Score: 29-24, Red Raiders
Shelby: I think we’ll be 8-0 before the weekend is done.
- Tech averages 131.7 rushing yards/game. I think we’re going to run for more this game. The running backs have improved every game, and Oklahoma is struggling with stopping runs. I think we’ll have higher than our average.
- I think Jace Amaro will have 10 catches this game and a touchdown. He’s proven he’s hard to stop, so I think the qb will throw it to him a lot.
Score: 38-35 Tech
Austin: Texas Tech will win for the 2nd straight time in Norman, Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma averages 227 yards rushing a game. Texas Tech will hold Oklahoma to LESS than that. Here’s why: Blake Bell is an average passer at best, so you know you can take chances and leave your Corners to play man and force them to beat you in the air.
- Jace Amaro will go OVER 100 yards receiving for the 3rd game in a row. The tallest DB Oklahoma has is 6’2, and neither of those guys weigh over 200 lbs. In big games he wants the team to ride him. Jace is a physical mismatch for the Sooners and it will show again.
Score: Texas Tech 31-28
There you go, folks. Locked and loaded. Leave us your Bold Predictions in the comments section and #WreckOU!