Well, guys, this might be a tough one to watch. We knew it would be. But this Tech team seems to know that football is a four quarter game, and I’m really excited to see how they play in the second half. Hopefully it will be a lot better than the first half. With that being said, let’s take a look at a few stats from the first half.
Stat of the half: This isn’t a good stat. Jace Amaro had his first fumble of his career.
Player of the half: Kenny Williams. He’s been productive running, but the big thing is his touchdown pass. Yep, pass. Tech’s only score came from a pass from Kenny Williams to Eric Ward. Jakeem Grant has had a really solid first half, too.
Improvements to be made in the second half:
- Make sure Striker is blocked so he won’t sack or hurry the QB.
- Tech’s secondary is starting to be exposed.
- Webb needs to really think about his choices.
- Webb also needs to hurry up; OU’s defense is a lot better than the defenses they’ve faced this season.
- Offensive line needs to protect a little better.
The second half will be a sight to see. I can only imagine the tweaks Kingsbury is making in the locker room right now. Oklahoma is really testing both sides of the ball for Texas Tech. I expect a whole-hearted effort from Tech this half to try to improve to 8-0. Check back after the game for more analysis from Wreck ‘Em Red.