Who is Clancy David? That’s the question every Red Raider fan continues to ask themselves after last night’s slam-dunk contest during half-time of the Kansas game.
Well, here’s what we know about the newcomer:
1. He’s got some serious ups, which were on full display last night:
2. He’s a walk-on wide receiver who just joined the team this spring.
3. Based on the above video footage, he appears to be somewhere around 6-foot-4, based on the known heights of the players around him.
4. He has a last name for a first name and a first name for a last name.
5. His dad is a good jumper, too.
6. Last night he had just over 70 followers on Twitter (now 100), probably because he never tweets anything.
7. His favorite movies are The Sandlot and Facing the Giants.
8. He’s a smart kid, too. Valedictorian of his high school class in Denver City and mechanical engineering major at Tech.
Welcome to Lubbock, Clancy. Sorry about all the people calling you David Clancy. Thanks for the show and do that same kind of stuff on the football field in the fall. Guns up!