Saturday nights game between the Texas Tech Red Raiders and Baylor Bears will mark the 72nd all time meeting between the two schools in football, with the Red Raiders holding a 36-34-1 all time record but coming in on a bit of a slide in the series. For the first 15 years that the Big 12 existed, the Red Raiders enjoyed a spectacular 15-0 record against the Bears, shutting them out twice and holding them to two touchdowns or fewer another 6 times. In the past two years though, Baylor has exacted a little revenge, scoring 66 and 52 points on their way to victories over the Red Raiders.
- These two schools first met on the football field in 1929, with the Baylor Bears pulling out a 34-0 victory over the Red Raiders.
- The longest winning streak in the series for the Red Raiders was from 1996-2010 as the Red Raiders won 15 straight over the Bears. The Red Raiders also won 5 straight match ups against the Bears from1969-1973 and 4 straight from 1975-1978. Baylors longest winning streak is 11 straight games from 1947-1960. They also won 4 straight twice from 1979-1982 and again from 1984-1987.
- As an incoming freshman born in 1995, you would have watched the Red Raiders go 15-3 against Baylor until now. As a senior, you would have watched the Red Raiders go 17-4 against Baylor.
- The largest victory for the Red Raiders in a 51 point victory in 2002. The Bears largest victory came in a 34-0 victory in 1926.
- Considering how prolific both of these offenses are, here is a fun stat: Since 2000, the Red Raiders have scored 42 or more points 8 times, while the Bears have scored 42 points or more twice.